American Basketball International Combine FAQ
- When is the International Combine?
The Combine is being held from Sunday, July 29th, through Saturday, August 18th, 2018.
- Who will be there and what is the program?
The Combine will host 5 International teams and a USA select pro squad chosen by American Basketball Enterprises and features three weeks of individual player and team instruction and practices, as well as a round-robin game schedule concluding with a championship tournament the final week. The Combine will also feature appearances by prominent USA basketball personalities who will conduct player, team, coaches and staff sessions.
- What does our fee cover?
- Hotel accommodations for 16 (players, coaches and staff) at the on-site Warehouse Hotel
- All meals beginning the night of arrival through breakfast the morning of departure. Meals will be served buffet style prepared and catered through the on-site, 4-star Fork & Palate Restaurant
- Transportation to and from arrival airport
- Transportation to and from chosen city of weekend site-seeing excursion, as well as hotel accommodations and per diem money for meals
- All court instruction, practice and competitive game-related costs
- Athletic training and medical attendants
- How would our organization, team or league benefit by attending?
- International teams that are seeking a distinct competitive advantage would benefit from direct exposure to US teaching, training and method systems of play and from additional pre-season competitive games.
- Teams would benefit if they require additional pre-season preparation due to transformational changes in their organization such as:
- new ownership or front office changes
- new general management staff
- new coaching staff
- relegation status
- incorporation of new players through team-building experience
- How will International teams attending be chosen?
The selection process is a first-come, first-served basis. Teams/organizations should first register by submitting the appropriate Organizational Waiver and the initial down payment. Upon receipt of full payment, on or before June 14, 2018, teams/organizations will be notified of their acceptance. ABE will refund any deposits received, less any transactional fee administered by the banking institutions involved, to teams/organizations who are not one of the first five to submit full payment. No refunds will be given to teams/organizations once they have been notified of acceptance.