American Basketball International Combine FAQ
- When is the International Combine?
The Combine is being held from Friday August 25th, through Sunday September 10th, 2023.
- Who will be there and what is the program?
The Combine will host 4 International teams and a USA select pro squad chosen by American Basketball Enterprises and features 16 days of individual player and team instruction and practices, as well as a round-robin game schedule concluding with a championship tournament. The Combine will also feature appearances by prominent USA basketball personalities who will conduct player, team, coaches and staff sessions.
- What does our fee cover?
- Hotel accommodations per attending team for 14 (players, coaches and staff) at the host hotel.
- All meals beginning the night of arrival through breakfast the morning of departure. Meals will be served buffet style prepared and catered through the host hotel. A per diem allowance will be provided for the days designated as off days to encompass both lunch and dinner.
- Transportation of two 7 passenger vans per team for use during the entire stay.
- Transportation to and from Orlando International airport upon arrival (Friday August 25th, 2023) and departure (Sunday September 10th, 2023)
- All court instruction, practice and competitive game-related expenses
- Athletic training and medical attendants. Teams/leagues should consider bringing a medical training staff individual with their traveling party.
- How would our organization, team or league benefit by attending?
- International teams that are seeking a distinct competitive advantage in the upcoming 23-24 season would benefit from direct exposure to US teaching, training and method systems of play and from additional pre-season competitive games.
- League teams combining to send a selected player each as part of the overall team. Especially players that the organization believes is crucial as regards the players increased developing role on its 23-24 roster
- Teams would benefit if they are seeking additional pre-season preparation due to transformational changes in their organization such as:
- new ownership or front office changes
- new general management staff
- new coaching staff
- relegation status
- incorporation of new players through team-building experience
- How will International teams attending be chosen?
The selection process is a first-come, first-served basis. Teams/organizations should first register by submitting the appropriate Organizational Waiver and the initial down payment. Upon receipt of full payment, on or before Wednesday August 9, 2023 teams/organizations will be notified of their acceptance. ABE will refund any deposits received, less any transactional fee administered by the banking institutions involved, to teams/organizations who are not one of the first four to submit full payment. No refunds will be given to teams/organizations once they have been notified of acceptance.